Our Dental Team is well versed in all areas of dentistry.
If you need or want to look better and feel better, we will share our knowledge about the advances in implant and cosmetic dentistry with you to help select the form of treatment that will restore your oral health, and discuss the responsibilities you have for the daily care of your teeth.
Professional dental cleanings are extremely important for good oral health and should be performed every 3 to 6 months to prevent excessive plaque buildup. Plaque left untreated can lead to unhealthy gums and tooth decay.
At Winnetka Dental, our hygienist uses new and advanced technology, such as an ultrasonic scaler. This sophisticated tool allows dental cleanings to be performed more efficiently and in less time. To achieve best results, both Ultrasonic and manual scaling methods are combined for dental cleanings.
We use digital x-rays in our office, which use up to 90% less radiation than conventional film x-rays. We also receive a highly detailed image of your mouth that can easily be enhanced to better diagnose dental concerns and determine the very best treatment for you.
A filling is a way to restore a tooth damaged by decay or fractured tooth structure. Dr. Dreebin uses several methods to restore the tooth, its function, strength and appearance.
Whether you have lost one, a few, or all of your teeth, implants give you a confident smile. A restored tooth strengthens the teeth around it and looks and feels natural.
Mouth Guards are recommended to protect the jaw and teeth during physical activity and sports, such as:
- Hockey, football, basketball, soccer
- Wrestling, martial arts
- Any activities where the mouth may get hit
In addition, they guard the soft tissues of your tongue, lips and cheek lining. Custom designed mouth guards are made of a flexible plastic and molded to fit the shape of your teeth.
Dr. Dreebin understands that your life is busy, which is why he has invested in an E4D Dentist system, which enables him to provide you with the highest quality dental restoration in a single appointment.
- A digital scan is taken using the latest laser technology, which is extremely precise, clean and fast, unlike conventional impressions that can be messy, unpleasant and cumbersome
- A custom restoration is designed and created right in our office
- The final restoration is placed in your mouth the same day, relieving you of the hassle of a temporary crown and a second office visit!
Close to 640,000 Americans will be diagnosed with oral cancer or pharyngeal cancer this year. That is roughly 1 person per hour. Approximately 57% will live past 5 years. The death rate is higher than any other cancer.
The death rate with this cancer is particularly high not because it is difficult to discover or diagnose, but due to late diagnosis.
Risk factors for Oral Cancer you can control:
- Tobacco use
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Combined tobacco and alcohol use
- Excessive, unprotected exposure to the sun
- Low intake of fruits and vegetables
Risk factors for Oral Cancer you cannot control:
- HPV viral infection
- Ethnicity and economics
The VELscope system is a device that helps Dr. Dreebin and his team see abnormalities in the mucosal tissue of your lips, mouth and upper throat. Ask Dr. Dreebin for your VELscope exam today!
Digital panoramic X-rays are wraparound x-rays of the face and teeth. These can help to diagnose and discover:
- Dental cavities
- Dental abscess
- Periodontal gum disease/bone loss
- Wisdom teeth/impacted teeth
- Oral Cancer
Composites are tooth colored fillings. They are used to:
- Repair decayed teeth
- Repair chipped or cracked teeth
- Improve the appearance of discolored teeth
- Close spaces between teeth
- Make teeth look longer
- Change the shape of teeth
Porcelain veneers are thin, custom-made porcelain covers that are attached to the fronts of the teeth to repair damage and / or to enhance the shape and color of teeth.
Veneers can be used to:
- Repair chipped or broken teeth
- Fix teeth that are pitted or stained by antibiotics
- Reshape irregularly shaped teeth
- Resize teeth that are too small
- Close gaps between teeth that are too wide for bonding
- Brighten teeth that do not adequately respond to bleaching
- Tooth and jaw alignment
- Stress and teeth grinding
Diagnosis is an important step before treatment and Dr. Dreebin can suggest the most appropriate therapy based on the suspected cause.
Between regular visits to Dr. Dreebin’s, there are simple steps that you can take to greatly decrease the risk of developing tooth decay, gum disease and other dental problems.
- Brush twice a day
- Floss daily
- Use dental products that contain fluoride
- Make sure children drink fluoridated water or take a fluoride supplement
- Replace your toothbrush every 2 to 3 months or sooner if bristles are frayed
- Eat a balanced diet and limit between meal snacks. Go easy on sugary treats!
Brushing and flossing may not be enough. The ADA now recommends using an antimicrobial mouthwash to reduce plaque and prevent gingivitis.
At Winnetka Dental we love to see your entire family. We recommend children be seen by us around their second birthday and then at intervals recommended by us.
Your child’s 20 primary teeth are already present in their jaw at birth. Their teeth begin coming through the gums at around 6 months of age. Your child’s teeth are at risk for decay as soon as they first appear. A good memory at the dentist as a child is the best foundation they can have for a lifetime of good dental health.
Tooth decay is the most common chronic childhood disease. More than 16 million children are suffering from tooth decay in the U.S. alone.
Sometimes, more than a filling is needed to repair a tooth. We offer all ceramic crowns that are custom fit, extremely durable, give you a comfortable bite and are color matched to look and feel like your natural teeth.
Crowns are used to:
- Support a weakened tooth where there is a large filling
- Protect a tooth that has extensive damage due to decay
- Support and protect teeth that have been fractured
- Support and protect brittle teeth after root canal
- Cover discolored or abnormal shaped teeth
With the latest laser technology we can take digital scans enabling Dr. Dreebin to design a custom crown right in the dental office. The final crown is placed during the same appointment so you can avoid the hassle of a temporary crown and a second appointment.
Dentures are removable appliances that can replace missing teeth and help restore your smile.
Dentures can be made to closely resemble your natural teeth so that your appearance does not change much.
There are alternatives to removable dentures and Dr. Dreebin would be happy to go over these options with you.
We have several options and products available to treat sleep apnea and excessive snoring to help you get a more restful and peaceful nights sleep. Snoring can have serious health risks, including sleep deprivation and strained relationships. Snoring is a sign that something is wrong with your sleeping and one of the most tell-tale sleep apnea symptoms. 25% of the world’s population snores.
Health risks for snoring:
- Sleep Apnea
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart problems
Sleep Apnea – Snore connection
Sleep apnea is a condition where your airway is blocked during sleep. This causes you to stop breathing for up to 10 seconds at a time, and makes you choke and gasp as you recover and suck in air. This condition is caused by obstruction at the back of the throat, most often due to the collapse of the soft tissue where the tongue and throat meet.
- Morning headaches
- Chronic snoring
- Daytime fatigue
- Mood swings
- Unable to concentrate
- Never feeling rested
Ask Dr. Dreebin about your options today!
Periodontal disease is an infection that affects the tissue and bone that support the teeth.
Warning signs that can signal gum problems...
- Gums that bleed when you brush or floss
- Red, swollen or tender gums
- Bad breath that persists
- Loose or separating teeth
The first step in treatment involves a special cleaning called scaling and root planing, to remove tartar deposits on the teeth and root surfaces. This procedure helps the gum tissue to heal and periodontal pockets to shrink.
At your next visit, Dr. Dreebin will check the effectiveness of the scaling and root planing. At this point, many patients do not require any further active treatment, only maintenance and preventative care. Dr. Dreebin will walk you through the next steps for your individual needs.
Risks for failing to treat this disease...
- Heart disease risk increases by 150%
- Chance of stroke increases by 300%
- Risk of having a premature birth or low birth weight increases by 700%
- Risk of respiratory infection goes up 500%
- The #1 cause of tooth loss in adults
A resin material painlessly applied inside the grooves on the chewing surfaces of the back teeth. A sealant acts as a barrier that protects enamel from plaque and bacteria.
Because toothbrush bristles cannot reach the bottom of these deep grooves, sealing them off deprives decay causing bacteria of the food they need to survive.
A bridge is a method to fill the space created by missing teeth. One or more artificial teeth are cemented into place using the teeth on either side for support.
Missing teeth can also be replaced by partial dentures or dental implants. Each option has it benefits or downfalls depending on the health of your teeth, bone levels and your budget.
Gaps between teeth can cause chewing problems. If even one tooth is missing, other teeth may slowly shift out of place.
Night Guards are recommended for patients who clench or grind their teeth, as a way to protect them from wear or fractures. Studies show that people who display these habits experience up to 80 times the normal wear per day, compared to those who do not. Grinding is a medical condition called Bruxism.
- A Night Guard is a thin, clear removable device that is custom made to fit over your upper or lower teeth as you sleep.
- A Night Guard can relieve head, neck and jaw joint pain and will protect your teeth and existing restorations.
Teeth whitening is designed to improve your smile by bringing back its shine and luster. We offer several different teeth whitening treatments, including those that are done in our office and those that you can do in the comfort of your home. Effective teeth whitening procedures offered by Dr. Dreebin are designed to remove stains and discoloration that form on our teeth.
Clear, comfortable, and removable aligners will give you the beautiful straight teeth you have always wanted! Clear Correct is great for teenagers and adults and offers an effective alternative to traditional wires and brackets with advantages such as:
- Nearly-invisible appliances
- No dietary restrictions
- No obstructions to flossing or brushing
- Controlled single-tooth movement
- The #1 cause of tooth loss in adults